Many applied, few were chosen. After a difficult deliberation, 10 early-stage fintech companies were selected by a team of judges to compete in this year’s DEMOvation Challenge, to take place in Seattle on March 1. The panel of judges — Scarlett Sieber of BBVA; Sam Maule of Carlisle & Gallagher; Ryan Falvey of the Center for Financial Services Innovation; Matt Wilcox of Fiserv; and Phil Ryan of Bank Innovation — will decide which company is worthy of the “Best in Show” DEMOvation crown at Bank Innovation 2016.
The 10 companies are:
- Asignio – authentication solution
- Autobooks – payments and accounting software for Fis
- Bankfacil – Sao Paulo-based lending platform
- Dyme – app-based savings tool
- Ledger Technologies – cryptocurrency hardware solution
- Obloco – a receipt capture solution for FIs
- Raistone – digital asset mangement system
- SayPay Technologies – voice biometrics for digital commerce
- Sparado – an app that rewards good financial behavior
- Sweep – personal financial management — but no budgeting!
Congratulations to all the companies on winning demo slots at Bank Innovation, and thank you to all that applied.